Guided tour of St Emilion and wine tasting
Departure by coach from Libourne for the excursion to Saint-Emilion. Guided tour of the underground monuments in Saint-Emilion village. Your guide will present the history of the medieval town. You will then see an exceptional troglodytic site: the cave of the monk Emilion founder of the town, Trinity Chapel built in his honour and the catacombs. Finally, undoubtedly the most original monument, the Monolithic church. Hewn entirely in the limestone, it is the biggest in Europe. You will then depart for a visit of a family-owned wine-growing estate, where you will be welcomed by the owner, who will explain the stages of the wine-making process in Saint-Emilion, followed by a wine-tasting session. Then we will complete the visit with a concert of classical music in the Monolithic church of Saint Emilion. Return to Libourne by coach.
- Duration : ~ 4:00
- The tour will take place entirely on foot, so wear sturdy shoes
- The visit of the underground sites involves certain rooms which may be poorly lit and confined.
- alcohol abuse is dangerous to your heath, consume with moderation.
- The order of visits can be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary. If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
NB : the prices of the excursions are given as a rough guide and may be modified at any time.